Parmesan roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato makes one of the easiest side dishes that pairs very well with most meat and chicken based meals.
I know that brussels sprouts normally have a bad rap, many people don’t like them, but I hasten to bet that it is because they’ve either been steamed or boiled to death. Ever considered roasting them?
The kids love the little caramelised cabbage heads and it has become one of the staple dishes in our repertoire. The addition of sweet potato bulks up the dish a bit and adds a nice sweet note. It is pretty moreish, trust me.
This couldn’t be easier. You’ll probably want to double the recipe next time. Try them with bacon bits, a sprinkling of paprika or a dash of balsamic vinegar. The options are endless.
- 1 bag fresh cleaned Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 big sweet potatoes, sliced
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Add all the ingredients except the parmesan together in a roasting try and shake around to coat well. Add more oil if required.
- Bake about 25 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and brussels sprouts are browned. You may need to turn them 10 minutes into the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve.